Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Comedians a plenty

I call this picture- Princesses in their chariot hauled by gallant gents.


Ivan has been making up his own jokes and for a 6 year old, I think he's doing pretty good! So here for some giggles:

"Where is the best place to live?

and closely related,

"Where is the best place to lie?"

I'll post his punchlines in the comments and while you are there, you may as well say "hello!" haha I gotcha now too!

I tackled some Christmas shopping today. I started off on the net and was so loving shopping online, got so much accomplished and wondered why we even have stores! Then I went to 3 stores locally and found some stuff, so I was feeling quite accomplished. Then this afternoon, I tried to make one of my last big purchases online and rediscovered that online shopping can also be quite horrendous!

I'm trying to get an area rug for Emora's room and since there are none in town, someone suggested I go online to Sears. They are way expensive and didn't have much for kids, so I stupidly clicked on many of the links promising me free shipping to Canada and great 75%off regular price and other such wonderous dreams- none of which came true. I would spend an hour scoping out the perfect rug, at the right price, get to checkout and they say- oops only free shipping in the US, we will ship to Canada for another $100, or did we say starting price of $75, that was just a swatch sample, the rug you want is $500! It was nuts. So I'm on ebay right now, but if it does the same to me, I'm going to wait for after Christmas sales and make it a birthday gift, or maybe I'll take up weaving!

Hope you are having better luck finding all the items you want to get for those you love.

After my "I hate shopping" rant, I must leave you with some more giggles. Just look at this one! You should have seen her dance too. It was x-rated, so can not appear here!

See you in the comments ;) It may be fun too if you wrote "hello" AND the best joke you've heard.

7 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Ivan's punchlines:

The best place to live is in the LIVING room!

The best place to lie is in the LIBRARY!

Katie said...

When Maddy comes up with something off the wall or witty, we call them Maddy-isms... Sounds like you have some pretty good Ivan-isms going in your house!! :)

Nana said...

Is my "sweet pumpkin" going to be a stand up comedian?

Deana said...

Cute jokes!

I don't know how she did it...but my mom used to rip up old towels and crochet them with a huge crochet hook for area rugs. They were very "rustic" looking, but did the job.

Davis Family said...

Ha ha Ivan!!
I got a great and super cheap rug for my basement at Walmart. Not sure if that would work. The other thing is check IKEA on line. I think they do ship and if they don't you could pick out what you want and I could get it and ship it to you.
Berta

Davis Family said...

This is cute. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20101871
It can't be purchased on line, but I could ship it to you. It would likely be heavy, but maybe you know someone coming from Calgary too. Just a thought.

Ian said...

Roy has one that Ivan might like:
"What is brown and sticky?" Ans: A stick!