Friday, December 17, 2010

Some of our inside activities

I have been painting Christmas gifts. For each of my kids, I make an ornament with their name and name meaning on it. Got Emora's done this year. She likes blue. I wanted to paint a 3D heart for her like Dominique's was, but I only found a 2D heart and a sphere, so I put them together.


Brian's 1/4 of a year long project. Here he is with my cousin's husband, Mike. Dad is coming Sun. to help for a few days before we all go to Stoon for Chrismas. Dad and Brian may come back for a few more days after that while the kids and I stay in Stoon and hang out with family and cousins!

The kid's wanted Arwen to face paint them as clowns and then they did a clown skit for me. They were pretty hilarious.

After clowning around, they had lunch and devoured Arwen's gingerbread house.




Emora is still working on mastering the potty skills. She mostly likes to just do funny things, so here she is our master of hilarity.

I've been pulling late nighters to get my Christmas gifts made. I've discovered from this experience that recovering from staying up until 2am repeatedly is not as easy at it used to be. It took me 3 days to recover this last time, but hopefully I won't have many more of those left. Today my neighbor's daughter asked Dominique to come play. I got Emora down for a nap and got to work on a project, so maybe tonight I can be catching zzz by midnight or earlier with another project done!! I'm excited about that concept.

How are you doing with the Christmas bustle? got everything done? overwhelmed? on track? fed up with it all? loving it?

6 comments:

Davis Family said...

Our youngest is our biggest goofball too. Honestly, she gets the other two just laughing! Fun stuff! Go Emora.

GMS said...

Since you asked, I'm mostly confused & taking the easy way out with $ & gift cards.
Just can't seem to shop for actual things like I used to.

Kimberley said...

Xmas? Is it Xmas time already? Hmm, we've been a little distracted this year. Maybe we'll celebrate Orthodox Xmas instead!

It's good to know that I have some company among the sleep-deprived!

Olivia said...

Ohhh poor Emora! She's going to LOVE that picture when she's older. LOL!!! SOOOO Funny.

nana said...

I'm finished!!! I finished Christians list tonight. That's such a good feeling. Emora just cracks me up!!! Last luncheon on Sunday. Then sit down and enjoy the tree, Christmas specials and music!!

Janet said...

just got home from the city! Feeling a little more on track with Christmas, but know I still have to take some things off To Do Wish List ;P