Saturday, December 11, 2010

A few of my favorite things

The reinforcements arrived today. Mike helped Brian put in our first subfloor. They got the living room downstairs done. Arwen also came and played with the kids. I got Emora's ornament painted ;) The kids got some sledding in at our neighborhood hill. I love that place being so close! Super awesome. Some other super awesome things in my opinion include:



-hugs, kisses and back rubs
-the kids' excitement at something new, found or discovered
-nature here in the valley: the trees, the hills, lakes and birds, sometimes seeing a wild animal
-our aprons made by Valarie
-wearing clothes given to me by Tighe makes me feel close to her
-wipe board notes from my hubby
-Brian or the kids playing music



-walking to stores and the school, appointments or the lake because they are so close!
-people who say "hi" or smile
-reading to/with my kids
-painting/creating things
-swimming-ah, I really miss swimming!
-laughter: mine and others, especially kids, so bubbly
-a good book
-my big windows with lots of sunshine, awesome sunrises and sunsets

-the feel of my kid's hands when they touch me, their little lips and little butts ) they have the cutest butts!)
-taking and looking at our pictures

-my big pantry and all the freezer space
-getting the house cleaned while visiting with a friend on the phone
-knowing that good things have come to my friends or family
-having deep conversations with friends
-knowing that each day is a new day with no mistakes in it and that my mistakes are as far from me as the East is from the West
-the Lover always and forever brings me joy, knowing I am never alone and help is always at hand

2 comments:

GMS said...

I love the list of your favorite things but winter, cold, ice and snow are NOT on my list.
Too dangerous and not any fun any more.

Ian said...

I hope that their is some work left for when I get there!