Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Emora's 1st haircut

For 2 years I waited in eager expectation for Emora's hair to lengthen and thicken. I was just able to get it into pig tails. Here she was 2 days before Christmas. Then she found a pair of scissors. Ivan the tattle tale allerted me to the situation like this : "MOM! Emora is cutting her hair with scissors and there is hair all over the floor". Meanwhile her sister who was an accomplis and is also missing some hair was hiding the evidence by putting hair in the garbage. She couldn't hide it all though. There was plenty all over and big patches missing from my daughter's head.










She chopped a bunch off the front, lots of the length is gone and some sections in the back. It could be worse, she could have cut her skin, poked her eyes, shorn it to the scalp... plus with it being curly, you can't tell all that much except that I can tell. Her hair looks like it did a year ago. In a few snips she took off 12 months of growing! Oh well, I put the retrieved hair in a baggie for her memory book.

She has strong survival skills that one. Last night she was up 2.5 hours in my bed, talking away while I hushed her and told her to go to sleep. At one point, she leaned over, patted me on the cheek and gave me about 30 kisses. How can you be angry with that!

Brian and dad only have one more day left to drywall the basement and they are about 1/2 way through. They did have a lot of extra stuff to do work on to start with though and my cousin has had lots of unexpected stuff come up, so he has had to come and go a lot. My uncle also went back home, so the 4 man crew is at best 3 and more often 2, but that is still twice our usual amount. Plus Brian says they are working 12 hour days and my cousin is feeding them lunches and suppers so that they don't even have to prep food or clean up. I am so excited to see what it looks like as real rooms. So far they have drywalled Ivan and Dominique's rooms and dad is working on an archway as I type ;) I love archways, so enchanting. I didn't even request this one, he just offered to do it. Yeah dad! They still have the living room, guest room and bathroom to drywall. Then there will be a whole lot of mudding, paint and floors, as far as I know-- so exciting!!

1 comment:

GMS said...

I agree that it could have been so much worse. She does have beautiful curls and one of the things I always say is that hair grows so you just have to wait it out.