Thursday, December 09, 2010

Thanks to everyone's help...

Thank you to all who were trying to help me on the area rug. I finally found one last night on ebay, new from a carpet store and is shipping from the states for only $10! It was about twice the price that I wanted, but is a really big size, so that will be super nice. The original one we had picked out that was going to be lots to ship had a lot of pink in it- because I was thinking of how Dominique's just LOVES all things pink and purple, but so far Emora hasn't shown a preference for a color. That is so weird to me, because both Ivan and Dominique had definite color loves from very early on and have not changed from their choices. But when I ask Emora, she usually says blue, but I think it's because that color is the easiest one for her to say. If I hold up a blue pants, she will not necessarily pick that one to wear. So the new rug has many colors and that way she won't be stuck with pink if she hates it- like I did!!!

Shock factor- this was my first time to be on or buy anything from ebay! I can see how it could become addictive, which they warned me when I set up my account. I knew I would get my bid since the seller had a dozen of the same rug up and there were no bids on them. I placed mine 5cents over the starting price and got it within 15min. But when they start sending e-mails saying I had the highest bid and that I won- it felt like I really had WON something instead of BOUGHT something. Tricky, tricky that site, I tell you.

Happy story- Ivan's school is so awesome! There is a peer support group that does a garage sale fundraiser so they can do Christmas for a family in need. The garage sale is donated items that they invite students to come shop at with prices from 25 cents to $5 and they gift wrap! I took Ivan and Dominique who once I explained to them that they could not shop for themselves and had to pick out something for their siblings, were very, very excited to purchase items. The volunteers were so sweet in wrapping and letting the kids decide which bow, and asking if they can write the names on the gifts. So now there is something under the tree ;) I haven't gotten anywhere close to wrapping yet- much to Ivan's shagrin.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I hope that the rug is what you wanted.