Tuesday, November 02, 2010

halloween

Things have been so very nutty around here. Sat. was the halloween party that I took the kids to while Brian and Mike sawed huge cement blocks out of our walls. In a way all of the family was decorated. I was a snow fairy.



Emora was a princess.


Dominique was a bunny.


Ivan was darth vader (we made his mask out of cardboard).
And Brian ended up as a dust bunny. Ha,ha. You can't tell very well here how extremely dirty he was. The basement has a good inch of cement dust everywhere and today I made a valiant attempt to wash our rugs. I emptied 6 bathtubs of hot black water off them and finally said the water is somewhat clearer and I'm done with washing them. Maybe the sun will bleach them some tomorrow.

Brian made it to Oberlin, Kansas today. He left at 4:30am after being up until midnight. He is charged a dollar a minute roaming charges on his cell, so we don't get to talk much until he gets to a landline that I can call him back on. It does look like one of our friends will buy his truck, so that is totally awesome and a huge answer to prayer.

5 comments:

jenn with two n's said...

Glad he's that far already and that the truck is going to sell. I just read your last post. Thinking about you all... the little girl and Saba. Hope you are all ok. Thanks for posting these pics. Ah yes the concrete dust...I'm still finding things that are covered in it! Love you all.

Ian said...

I suspect that the two windows went a bit faster than the one we cut at Jenn and John's house. How about some pictures?

Anonymous said...

Glad to her Brian is doing fine on his way down. Hope the renos at the house will continue to go well once he is back. What about Saba and the girl? How is she doing? Is there a decision about Saba? I was thinking you could possible give her to mom and dad if everybody thinks she should go. That way you don't have to put her down.

Davis Family said...

We were home the day Wes cut the windows (to make larger) in our basement. It was a real endurance test. My goodness my nerves were shot by the end of the day. You have my sympathy on that one.

Olivia said...

I had no clue Brian was on his way here until Tighe told me yesterday! What a long drive! I am sorry that it had to come to this, but I am sure it will work out. I wish I could come over and see your house! I am so proud of you all. It has to feel so long ago that you all began this journey in imagining life in Canada. I bet it is getting cold there. I am jealous! I want it to snow, right now. I think I'd be the only happy person in Abilene if that happened, but I am willing to take the risk. I love you!