Saturday, October 30, 2010

It was the best of days and the worst of days



We've had a turbulent day. The good, the bad and the ugly. Several goods: Brian and Mike were totally incredible and somehow managed in one day to cut two huge window holes through the basement cement walls. They are huge and beautiful. It will be so amazingly wonderful in the rooms when they are done being built. Part of me wishes we had gone ahead and made the other existing windows bigger, instead of just replacing them, but then I saw all their work and it would have been more than we could do.

I took the kids to a halloween party Ivan was invited to. We felt very honored that one of the girls asked that he could come and her mom offered that I bring my other girls and stay during the party so that I could meet some of the other parents. They had a lot of fun, were shy and scared for some of it, but we were taken away by the beauty of the house (they lived on a lake) and they all three joined in for several games and especially the make a spider with chocolate cupcake, icing, licorice and chocolate to eat. At that point Ivan declared "thank you Alyssa for inviting me, this was the best party EVER!" I got to talk with a lady quite a bit there and she got my phone number, so maybe she'll call and we'll become friends- who knows.

But my heart is also very heavy because when I came home Brian said that we'd had an incident. While he was working downstairs, our neighbor and his daughter came by with a gift and Saba bit her. Her dad takes the blame, he said that he could tell that both the dog and his daughter were really nervous, and he was trying to get her to pet her. He was feeling horrible for it and so are we of course. She needed 3 stitches on her lip. Dogs are put down for things like this and this has always been a worry of mine coming up here with her since she has always been a nervous dog.



Pray that we will know what to do. She has been so amazing for us, and was doing so well here, and is great with the new kitten, they were really liking each other. I would really hate to put her down, but we do have lots of kids over and want to make friends with all our new neighbors and the neighborhood kids. I'm very sad right now over it all and I'm hurt over our dog, what if that was my child? And we were just getting to know our neighbor, which he is totally taking the blame and invited us to dinner even.

Our plan is to go over as a family with a card for the daughter and also to discuss with them what they want us to do. Don't know if she can be trained to be more docile or if we will have to put her down or what.

2 comments:

GMS said...

Sounds to me like most is very good and adjustments are going very well for all.

Saif said...

nice share.......seems like that you have a happy family..........thnx