Sunday, November 14, 2010

pics of my latest projects


Here are the wall paintings I have done so far. I painted the bedroom one the night before Brian came home as a surprise welcome home gift. I love decorating with paint because it is so cheap! I already own the paints, all I need is time and to borrow the projector. It is a bit exhausting though since I have to do it once the kids are in bed, which means I start at 9pm and it usually takes me until 1 or 2am.

The bathroom was hard because I didn't have a good idea of the colors I wanted to use or where and how to put the designs. I don't really like white walls, but the bathroom has so many different off whites, from pure white to beige cabinet, to off white in the counter and browns in the floor, so we painted it a white in the middle to blend it all together, which was great, but then we have a lavender sink and green/blue/grey tones in the counter, plus browns on the floor. I wanted to incorporate the lavender, since I felt it was now all alone. I started with brown swirls, then lavender details, but they didn't go together, so then I changed the big swirls to a dark grey/green/blue color that I liked, but it was overpowering and drowned out the lavender, so I finally added a golden wash over it to tie in with our golden shower curtain and the browns and now I'm satisfied with it.


Here is the oversized pumpkin dad sent my way when I had no luck finding pumpkins in Fort Qu'Appelle. It made 66 cups of pumpkin puree. It took me all day to cook and puree it!




Here is the pumpkin face Dominique drew on it. She likes her pumpkin faces to have glasses.
Ivan wanted his pumpkin face to be sleeping. I think it looks more like he is yelling or yawning.

What are your favorite pumpkin foods to eat?

8 comments:

Davis Family said...

I don't like pumpkin, which is a bit ironic because I also have a freezer full of pumpkin puree! I'm just supper cheap and don't like to waste anything!! HA.

Nana said...

We love pumpkin bread, pie muffins and the ever yummy cheesecake. I guess that hits all of the bases.

Nana said...

We love pumpkin bread, pie, muffins and the ever yummy cheesecake. I guess that hits all of the bases.

jenn with two n's said...

MMMM...I like the pumpkin muffins that you make, pumpkin cookies that Sue makes, pumpkin pies and I've had some wonderul pumpkin soups at home and at restaurants--yumm!

Beautiful paintings and it ws so good to talk with you tonight.

GMS said...

Didn't Emora have her own pumpkin too?
Dominique looks very proud of hers. Ivan looks more like he's roaring like a lion than yawning.

Love love the painting on the walls. You are one talented lady.

Me, I only like pumpkin flavored coffee & that doesn't take any pumpkin at all.
Grampa Ray loves pumpkin pie.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

GMS- Emora didn't draw on this double faced pumpkin, but she did draw on our halloween one.

Olivia said...

Where do you get the stencils to put in the projector? Is it just a copy? I really want to try to do this sometimes! I LOVE it, you are so good at it. Can I hire you?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Olivia- I just printed a picture off the internet, or as in the bedroom, three pictures that I made into how I wanted, then used a pen or marker to trace it onto a plastic transparency, then used an overhead projector to put it up on the wall. Glad you like them. It was so easy. Just takes some time and dilligence.