Tuesday, November 16, 2010

sledding!

We had so much fun sledding, although we didn't last too terribly long- an hour anyways. Emora does not like her snowsuit and I don't blame her. I think it's too small. It was giving to us, but I'm going to have to find something else. She went down with me for a few runs, then she was happy to wait in the van beside us with the door open and watch us for some more runs down the hill.


We didn't go up to the very top of the hill, but did get about 3/4 of the way up once we got really adventurous. That was a bit of a mistake. For our final run, Dominique and I went way up on the hill and came down together in the bigger sled. It was very steep and fast. I couldn't get my feet up out of the snow and we got a full face wash of frozen snow the entire way until we finally crashed. I was a little concerned with our lightning speed and the bushes I was trying to steer away from, plus I could see a thing from the snow and knew Dominique was getting as much as me or more. Once we stopped, she was crying and yelling and we both were so cold and wet with ice/snow caked into our hair! What a finish.



But most runs, she was going on her own face first down the hill on her crazy carpet.




We would walk up the steep slippery hill weighed down in our winter garb and laugh/scream the entire way down. I think we burnt quite a few calories. We also noticed a trail down from the hill, so I have dreams of us exploring it some day on one of our warmer winter days.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I wish I was there!