Saturday, November 06, 2010

Pics from our snow days

Ivan really loves the snow. Today it was very warm, t-shirt weather and he was playing in the yard with our sled!

The school crowd walking toward our house on the mass exodus after school lets out.


The tree to the left is in our yard. I haven't tired yet of looking at these hills. There are so many nuances to them, with or without snow, the way the sun hits them, or when they turn golden as the sun sets, their landscape as seagulls soar across them...
I love driving down mainstreet. The stores and road is not impressive, but what a backdrop!


There is no snow right now and lots of sunshine. It actually feels like summer time here right now, which is very peculiar, since I don't EVER remember it being this warm here in Nov.! Dad always joked that the greenhouse effect would be great for Canada. Warmer weather, longer summer and planting seasons. So if it's getting too hot where you are, there is still plenty of space up here and maybe a few more bodies will keep us warmer up here ;)

Big news in the Baggett house- Emora used the potty for the first time! We are hoping this will quickly develop into her new trend. She also started chucking silverware and other objects across the room for fun, which we hope will soon be a lost trend.

Ivan was saying tonight that he wished he could marry me. I assured him that some other wonderful woman will take that place in his life, but that I will always be a part of his life. So then he tried to figure out what his other options were. We've explained that the sisters are not legal marriage material for him, so his figured out that 3rd cousins are legal (he LOVES Arwen, but I don't think it's at all mutual- poor girl). Then he exclaimed "Can I marry a friend?" I assured him that he had better marry a friend, he'd be spending the rest of his life with her. Well now he was all happy, he's got lots of girl friends. Think I should tell him he's got a good dozen years or more to go before he can marry anyways?

Dominique is very talented and very emotional. She is an emotional talent. One minute she is singing, dancing and performing and the next she is screaming hysterically at one of her siblings. She LOVED skating and is so excited to go back. She is such a natural at reading and writing it is just incredible. She has started copying text she sees in books or online. Last week, we were at the Outreach and she drew half a dozen pictures. She gave one to a man there and I figured that was a great way to get rid of her ever increasing art work, so I had her give one to everyone there. She handed one to a teenager and he asked me "does that say - stop, drop and roll?" yeah, she was reading a fire safety book. Guess he got the special message of the day ;)

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

I remember nice Novembers, but none like this! I was wearing sandals yesterday! I hate to admit it, but I'm looking forward to the cooler temps (note: I didn't say frigid cold temps, but cooler ones).

Nana said...

Tell Ivan Nana and Papa aren't ready for him to be thinking about marriage partners yet. Maybe 20 or 25 years? Enjoy your warm weather while it lasts. Winter will be there for a long time.

Davis Family said...

I would love it if someone gave me a message that said, STOP DROP AND ROLL. Good advice for almost any situation. Dont' you think? Yeah!!!

Janet said...

my kids have been asking to go skating again, several times a day. Maybe I will see you there tomorrow!

Olivia said...

I am so jealous that it is snowing there. Can you send it to me??? I would love it! Never ever get used to the beauty around you! I bet you just have a feeling of fresh air everywhere. By the way, your comment on my blog seriously brought tears to my eyes...it was one of the most sweetest things you could have ever written to me. I love and cherish you, I miss you lots.