Saturday, November 13, 2010

Moving right along


The house improvements have been coming along, so that is very exciting although tedious. Yesterday, Brian and my cousin's husband Mike got the last of the windows installed and framed out, while I took the kids to the skating rink. It was a bit of a crazy adventure. Emora wanted to walk with the big kids down the very icy street, which would have taken forever and we were running late, so instead I strapped her into the stroller and she screamed the entire way there. The worst of it was that she wouldn't keep her mitts on or keep her hands under the blanket I had on her, which meant that her hands were freezing cold when we got to the rink. Then she was crying and screaming in pain because her hands were burning. That was the first 30 minutes of skating time. About 20 minutes before skating was over, Emora had finally calmed down and decided she wanted to skate. I let her walk on the ice in her boots instead- which she loved.

The three scenery pictures are taken from the cemetary overlooking Fort Qu'Appelle. You can see Mission and Echo lakes to either side of town. A river snakes through a few blocks from our house adjoining the two. Two other lakes are past them. We're going to make an attempt to sled on the lower part of this hill, that is now covered in snow. It's "only" about -6C (13F) so we have to go enjoy the temperatures while it is "warm".

I painted a design in our bedroom and one in the bathroom, so I need to post pics to show you. I had wanted to buy a metal swirly wall hanging for our room, but they're about $70 and not very big and I didn't see anything that took my breath away, so then I realized that I could just paint what I want. I put together a design with various pictures off the net and borrowed an overhead project from my cousin's classroom ;) I have so many projects I want to do, but those 2 are done ;)

1 comment:

GMS said...

Beautiful scenery and beautiful children, too.