Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy American Thanksgiving!

Although it was pretty cold out today (-20C or so), the sun was shining, so the girls and I ventured outside. My workout today was this: warm up- get girls dressed, aerobic- shovel the walk, circuit training- lift child over snow, then through snow and snap pictures, return to shoveling, then pull children in sled down freshly shoveled driveway, cool down- undress children.

It was so gorgeous with the blue sky and snow all sparkling.

If you are dressed well, the cold is pretty manageable. Our cousins had just brought over a huge bag of scarves and tuques (in Texas, they call them toboggans- which here is what we go sledding on!) The kids all found hats and scarves they like. Emora liked every hat and modeling them for us.

I thought Arwen looked so cute today in the tree, I just had to get her picture!






The girls giggled and giggled as they threw snow at me. After school, Ivan and Dominique took to the pile of snow across the street, along with half a dozen other kids from the neighborhood, then they played some more in our backyard, sledding down the pile of snow from our shoveling.

We had spagetti for thanksgiving tonight. Not very festive, especially since this is one of our family favorites and we eat it about once a week! But I did manage to put some of the pureed pumpkin to use and we at least had pumpkin pie!

I am in full Christmas gift creation time and it is going well, so that is exciting. Some years I take on way too much and it's overwhelming, but I think this year I have a more reasonable list of things to make or maybe I'm getting faster.

2 comments:

Ian said...

If I promise to come help Brian will I get pumpkin pie?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Not just a piece, but a whole pie if you want!