Friday, October 01, 2010

fabulous fall







I haven't experienced Canadian seasons in over a decade. I forgot how amazing it is to see the entire world transform and prepare for winter. The colors are just so totally amazing. I figured you would enjoy them too.

Meanwhile, I've come to realize that Emora is not a baby anymore. She understands so much of what we say, tries to sit on the potty and is so very determined, having her own ideas, likes and dislikes. She noticed Ivan putting the piece of grass in his mouth for the pictures, so guess what she had to do? I just love finding out who my kids are and who they are becoming.
It's not all a bed of roses though, Ivan has been a terror to his sisters all summer. He put a hold on it while Nana was here, but yesterday went back at it with a vengence to the point that he is now banned from playing with his friends all weekend in the hopes that he can learn to be nicer to his sisters. I told Brian the bad thing is that he is so mean to Dominique, but the good thing is that he is normal. I've never heard of a big brother who didn't terrorize his little sisters. For that matter, I did my own little tyranical stunts as an older sister growing up too. We are not expecting the impossible from him, but maybe just to curve his meanness some so it's not ALL the time!




Nana flew off to her sister's so we are back to just the 5 of us. We are hoping to make some new friends here and for peace on Brian as he learns so many new things and has to adjust to a whole new way of life.

3 comments:

GMS said...

Fall is here also.
Great pictures.

Ian said...

I hope that the snow holds off until January.

Anonymous said...

I doubt that snow will hold off till January.

On a different note, great pictures, lovely kids, even though one of them is mean. That's typically big brother for you. Been there, done that, but after about 18 years of fighting I love him now.