Monday, October 04, 2010

She left her voice









Nana gave the kids a book with her voice recorded reading the story.

She wanted me to give it to the kids after she had left.

So I gave it to them this weekend. Watching them hear it was one of the funniest things ever! They immediately recognized her voice and started yelling at the book "hi Nana! We love you too Nana!" It was so hilarious.




























It's been a bit rough since she has left though. Ivan was being a total tyrant once again to his sister, so he has been banned from playing with friends all weekend.




Then Dominique started running a fever, so I stayed home with her while Brian drove the other kids into the city for an impossible shopping trip (sorry hon) and hanging out with Andrea- another of my cousins, Mike, Arwen, Moira and Victoria while participating in Saskatchewan cultish, I mean cultural activities- ie. watching the Saskatchewan roughriders football game. Today is a school holiday. So Ivan is home, we have been painting, are going to make a volcanoe (read it in a chapter book with the directions) and read another chapter book, play... After today, we will have 10 reading sessions documented for his school's reading club, so he's excited about that. He also has some homework to do. Learn his phone number and to tie his shoes (I have been lazy and only bought him velcro, but the teacher put in a note that kids need to learn this skill in grade 1).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like his teacher already for that note. :D Besides, the pictures you posted of her make me like her as well. (I know, it doesn't matter if I like her or not. I thought I let you know anyway.)

Ian said...

I hope that Dominique is feeling better soon.