Wednesday, October 13, 2010

more Emora stories





Age 2 is so fun. It's amazing to see Emora growing up so fast, seemingly before my very eyes. She says lots of words, but not all are fully understandable, so we play the guessing game. Do you want this? Did you say this? This? I love her reaction to my correct answers. When I figure out what she said and get it for her she laughs hillariously. It's like she thinks it's funny and fun that I can understand her. Tonight she was playing soccer outside, throwing a ball for Saba, then yelling at Saba to go get it, even pushing Saba to go get it (I think Saba has gotten lazy). Emora is so "grown up" she won't let me help her brush her teeth, so I'm just hoping the bit of toothpaste will work enough. Emora also wants to sleep in the big bed with Dominique.



Ivan loves school and tells me his day was "great" everyday. Which is fabulous. Today they had a fire drill at school, so that was his big highlight. He also brought home a family activity for us to do. We had to draw or color six pictures from a theme we chose to celebrate diversity and all the pictures will be hung for the open house next week. I thought we'd start it tonight. We did activities we enjoy: music, computer, swimming, reading, art projects and bike riding. The kids wrote the words and there were arms and markers everywhere, before long it was all done!

Dominique is just plain amazing. She writes nearly as good as Ivan and is picking up reading too. So mostly with her, I get to play games, do art and we are trying to do a little more French, despite her protests.

We loved watching the miners get out today. Thanks Jenn for posting the link. So much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all settled very well and that Emora is a bit less shy (or maybe clingy) than she used to be. Glad that everyone is doing so well and that the kids are adjusting.

Anonymous said...

For some one who didn't like dressing up you sure have a couple of dressing up girls.Not only is Emora growing but so is Dominique her features are changing so much.
Glad to hear Ivan likes school life could be a challenge otherwise.Mom