Saturday, July 03, 2010

Happy belated Canada day and beforward July 4th!






We are back in Saskatoon. I was excited to find out upon our arrival that my uncle Pete and aunt Marj were also staying at my parent's house. We have always been close to them, visiting a couple of times a year and auntie Marj has always been my auntie inspiration. I hope that Imogen feels the love I knew. A gift from auntie was always like getting a hug full of love. I still have a gift or two that she sent and cherish them.

The weather was perfect, we lazed in the sun all day and my baby- Emora is now a perfectly roasted marshmellow brown, but on her arms and legs only.

My sister is now on vacation and then on maternity leave, so she doesn't have to go back to teaching for over a year, which means we now get to see each other as much as we like- in other words, very often. My niece is still acting shy around me, but I think time will cure that. Emora is still clingy to me and me only and I'm hoping time will cure that too. We have been bouncing between Fort Qu'Appelle and Saskatoon like a never ending tennis volley. My heart is in both places and while I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to unpack and get into our own little routine in a place of our own, I also realize that it's super nice after more than a decade of being away to just get to hang out and be family again. I know if we were unpacking and renovating, we wouldn't be in Saskatoon for a week at a time, getting to be around my parents, brother, my sister and her family.

Brian is working for Jenn and John, which is great. He is figuring out prices here and they are very laid back about his timing on things so that we can run to our non-home in Fort Qu'Appelle and do paperwork stuff there too as needed. We are still working on a few major things like HOUSE, SK id cards and switching over our license plates. These have been our big mountains to move, but I think I felt a budge, so there is hope.

1 comment:

GMS said...

I thought I posted a comment earlier but must have done something wrong.
We will pray for all to fall into place soon for a "home" and "settling in".
Although family is also great to be around.