Friday, July 23, 2010

the waterslide!!!


Here is a picture of my fabulously pregnant sister Jenn. She's 7 months along, but baby is just a wee bit big (that's an exageration- because huge is not a kind word during pregnancy- note to non-pregnant people), so they will be bringing this one out a bit early. The other pic. was Emora and mom enjoying a snack. Although Emora still totally wants me, about 80% of the time, it is nice to see that during the other 20% she is warming up to her other relatives. She thinks dad is pretty much tons of fun, she runs to mom as an easy way to get food, she also loves Imogen, unless her cousin is on my lap at which point she gets wildly jealous.

I took the kids to the pool with Jenn, John and Imogen. The tricky part is always the waterslide. Before tonight, Jenn would try to distract Emora and watch her while I made runs with the bigger kids (one at a time with a kid on my lap). Then we figured out that Ivan and Dominique could actually go on their own, if someone would catch them at the bottom. So I walked them up and rode down last with Emora after they had gone and were caught by John. This was the biggest hit. Ivan and Dominique were next seen running up (as we yelled- don't run) on their own and sliding down, while Emora yanked at me, pointing to the slide, wanting to go again and again. I did let the older kids wear arm floats down because it lands in deep water, with a bit of an undertow turbulence at the end. They had a blast.

1 comment:

GMS said...

Sounds like great fun. Ask Brian about Water World in Houston. It was always a real thrill for my kids at the time. No longer exists, though.