Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our unsteady rhythm




You may have guessed it, or seen us, in which case you would know that we are back in Saskatoon now. Confusing eh? (had to throw in the eh!) I think we've actually finished all the legalese for now, which is downright amazing. The kids even seem to be making the Fort Qu'Appelle/Saskatoon transitions better, although every time we get in the car, they ask if it will be a long time!

We are getting into a little routine of sorts. Today we went to village time where we saw auntie Jenn, Imogen and about 30 other kids and their moms trying to escape the rain at the play area of the mall. Jenn and her mom friends meet Tues. mornings at the park or this wintertime escape place. Emora really loved the play structure and kids. Dominique made a friend who gave her a balloon. It was very joyful and loud.

Tomorrow we are going to the downtown library for puppet time. A lady we know did such a wonderful performance that we are willing to suck up the outrageous parking meter fees to go again. We also plan to go to the special summer program this week, which features a children's entertainer. Friday nights, the Wallaces go swimming and we've been glad to join in on that. It is a bit tricky because kid friendly places are number prejudiced here. Yep, you heard it from me and what I mean is the crazy rule that you have to have an adult for each 2 kids under 6. This means that I can't take my trio to a pool or play place by myself. Luckily for me, Jenn and I have gone together and her next child is still safely tucked inside her, so that one doesn't count. Really, I think it's quite unfair. What does a mom do with triplets? I used to take 4 under 4 to the pool. OK, so it did make the lifeguard extremely nervous and he'd set up his chair immediately in front of where we were playing, but we never had an incident. I do look back and think I was probably temporarily crazy at the time, but that was survival mode with 4 under 4. Swim day was a highlight of our week!

Jenn and I are also planning for camp cousins next week. Let the good times roll, or waddle (she is 7 months pregnant and baby is trying to win the biggest baby unofficial contest. We are trying to tell baby that his/her mom did not sign up for that, but apparently baby is not totally English fluent yet).

Picture 1- me, mom and my sister
Pic 2- Dominique and my brother
Pic 3- dad
Pic 4- Emora and I on a train ride
Pic 5- Ivan and Dominique on the merry-go-round. Emora also rode on it for the first time and loved it.

1 comment:

GMS said...

I've been looking forward to the next post & am so happy to hear of all the great family time prior to setting up your own house.

Enjoy every minute as I know you will.
Love all the pictures & stories.