Saturday, July 10, 2010

Butterfly birthday upcoming


Dominique turns 4 tomorrow! She requested a butterfly birthday, so today we made a butterfly cake. Do you know the difference between kids and adults' cake preferences? Kids go by the theme or color, adults go by the flavor. I'm trying to see what kind of cake she wants and she said butterfly, so then I add what flavor and she has no clue so I give some examples: chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. She said pink and purple. Can you imagine an adult saying "I want a computer shaped cake, grey colored and not mentioning a flavor?

In 4 years we went from forcing Dominique to come out and face the world, to running behind her trying to keep up. She loves to take life by the horns and live it for all it's worth, especially if it involves pink, purple, princesses, music... Happy Birthday sweet girl!


On another note, this is a big week. We are leaving for Fort Qu'Appelle Tues. to meet the inspector Wednesday morning at what will be our new home if all works out. So we are hoping to hear that the house is good without any major problems.



We could also use your help, if you are a praying person. We have run up against a huge brick wall when it comes to getting plates on Brian's truck. He has already invested a lot of time and money into getting the plates changed to Saskatchewan ones, but one of their requirements is airbags which are not only outrageously expensive, but they can't even guarantee that they will pass the inspection once installed and there are many vehicles here that do not even have them. If Brian's truck didn't originally come with them, they wouldn't even require them. Brian is calling a higher up Monday to plead mercy, so pray that a way will be made for us in this. We are so frustrated about it and discouraged. If some leeway is not given us Monday, we may have to pay an export fee on it and lose all the money we've already put into it to get it Canadianized, the gas and heartache to drive it up here and then find a buyer in the States and then he'll still need a truck to work! HELP please Lord, we can not do anymore on this, we turn to you and plead that you will move the hearts of the authorities to make a way for us to keep his truck and make it legal.



On a positive note, I got to lap swim today! It was great. My normal is to go once a week, but I knew I would not get to go as often here, so I consoled myself with the fact that I could do some of my new workout videos even in blizzardy winters. We'll we've been here about 6 weeks and I was just now able to wedge some time in to go. I'm also excited that my dad will be filling up his above ground pool soon. He just got a liner for it and I already told my sister we could do my pregnancy water aerobic exercises in it. I'm so pumped ;)

Another positive note... my sister-in-law, Andrea just got her passport and visa from the Canadian embassy, meaning that she can now come to Canada and join us and most importantly my brother who has been awaiting her arrival for nearly a year! She is finishing up her master's thesis and hopefully will arrive in the next few weeks. So I can't complain too much. We've had to wait some here and gone through bureaucratic mess, but at least I have Brian and the kids with me!!

2 comments:

GMS said...

I love that first picture of Dominique. She looks like she is flying and so happy.
Can't wait to see a picture of the butterfly cake. Probably lots of pink & purple.

Nana said...

Happy 4th Birthday to our princess! We love you!
Nana & Papa