Tuesday, July 27, 2010

so spoiled

It was so nice for Brian and I to get a few hours together without our energetic trio. My sister and her family went out to my parents to stay the night and take care of our kids so that Brian and I could go out for dinner and do such important marriage things like talk with each other. Even though we are staying at the same house, while with others, it just seems that we barely get to see each other, so that was a huge treat.

Mike and Sheena have been such amazing hosts. We live with them and their 3 girls (when they are home) when we are in Fort Qu'Appelle. They have made us feel so at home with them and we have loved sharing our hearts for our lives in Fort Qu'Appelle. Here are Mike and Sheena with Tod Vogt, who I met in Quebec and visited in Africa. He was such a wellspring of encouragement.

Being closer to nature has also been a delight. Mom's flower garden has exploded with gorgeous lilies. Here is one among many, I'll try to post the others too. And here is a fox that we saw jut out on the road as we were leaving my parent's house. We followed him for a bit so that I could get this pic. I have loved experiencing nature with my kids.

But my supreme spoiling has been this morning. I got to have a shower without Emora in the room and when Ivan came to pester me at the door, auntie Sheena set him in a chair far from my hearing range. Then, since Arwen ewas ntertaining my kids with crafts and books, I asked my cousin how I could help her with food prep. and she told me that I didn't need to do a thing. Emora was happily "cleaning dishes" as I sat, checked e-mail and relished the freedom. I could really get used to this village raising the child thing!!

1 comment:

Ian said...

The trenching was started on Jennifer and John's place. Looking forward to your return to S'toon.