Friday, July 16, 2010

a wondrous summer day






Today was incredible. We are in Fort Qu'Appelle, it was hot and we had to take Arwen to her swim lesson, so we planned to swim the morning away, then go back to the house for lunch and for Brian to take the van in for it's inspection. The water was insanely cold in the lake. It took me an hour to get used to it and the kids never did get used to it. They cried, but liked it enough to splash up to their knees and loved playing in the sand. Once I was used to it, I loved swimming. It was great for "lap swimming" since it is so frigid cold and there were even some waves from boats. When I got out, the sun was so nice to lay in and warm up again. The kids dug a "hot tub" and filled it with lake water. I didn't see any of them sitting in it and it was a bit small for that, but what a great idea! They dug a hole and filled it with water. I'm sure after not too long, the sun would have warmed it and they could have then played in warm water.

My cousins have a huge trampoline set up, so the big kids played on that all afternoon while I lounged outside and Emora slept. It was so lovely. I would have liked to lounge longer at the beach to the sounds of water and laughter, but it wasn't too bad either to get to hear all the birds making their music and my kids fighting over who is jumping in what way on the trampoline.

Brian came back with not only the inspection passed on the van, but he'd also had time to go to SGI and get Saskatchewan plates, plus we had gotten our photo ids in the mail that we had just done days ago! So, everything is finalized now, apart from closing on the house, selling Brian's truck and buying a new one.

I also got a call from my doctor. I will have a sonogram done on my knee in Sept. and he signed me up for physical therapy. Not sure when that is going to start or how often, which could be tricky since I am not always in Fort Qu'Appelle.

2 comments:

Ian said...

I put some more water in our wading pool (12 inches deep now) and even tested it out. Because it is well water it was cold too but was nice to cool off in since it was so hot today. See you on Saturday.

GMS said...

I never did like cold water so I loved the South for that reason alone.
I love the pictures of the kids on the tree branch. We had a tradition to do that till the tree had to be cut down.
Glad to hear some important things are coming to a conclusion to your benefit.