Thursday, July 15, 2010

at the spray park in Saskatoon

Last week, Jenn and I took the kids to a spray park. It was awesome. There was a big spray/splash area, big grassy areas with trees and shrubs, a playground, activity center and city employees to do activities and games with the kids. They loved it, I loved it, we'll try to go back again this summer.


Right now, we are in Fort Qu'Appelle. Today we picked Saskatoon berries. I would like to pick enough to last us all year, but for now I think we have enough for about 3 months. Brian needs to come back again next week and promises to pick some more. But he won't have all the helpers- like me and the kids! Emora and Dominique spent the entire time just eating off the bushes. Actually I think Emora got full by the end because she actually started putting them in the bag then. I had the craziest time picking since I often had Emora on my hip or on my shoulders leaning off to pick more snacks. We went to the same place we saw them last year, a hill that overlooks the whole valley. It was breathtaking. We also saw pelicans soaring over the lake and a green snake slithered away from us in the tall grasses.


6 comments:

Nana said...

Hey, what's this about a "green snake' slithering away in the tall grass. I thought you said there're weren't in snakes in Canada. Other then that I love the pictures.

Nana said...

Spelling correction, there, not there're Dah!

Andrea said...

I want to go picking S'toon berries with you guys. Do you think there will be some left after the 6th of August? I could make a streusel cake with them. Would be soooo cool. What will you do with the ones you picked? Jam?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Nana- there are snakes, but they aren't poisonous.

Andrea- I'll buy jam and syrop, too much work and use our frozen berries year long for waffles, pancakes and muffins ;) That's the only "baking" I do.

Anonymous said...

We will pick some here as well Andrea,So you will be able to get some "mom"

Ian said...

Saskatoon berry pie is my favorite!