Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Getting into the xmas grove?

Here are some pictures from thanksgiving. We enjoyed time with the extended family, eating of course and playing the wii. Dominique fell asleep in Nana's arms after a very full day. I couldn't believe that she could sleep sitting up like that, but she was.

Before any of you make this mistake, do not weigh between thanksgiving and well into the New Year. My friend had a scale sitting there so innocently in her bathroom. I should have known not to trust it. It was so mean to me. I've had 10 pounds left from Emora that haven't budged much and that scale said I added more!
Turkey pounds come off by themselves right? Or maybe it was the cheesecake, pecan pie, pumpkin pie or key lime pie (yes, Nana made 4 different delicious deserts). It could also be the awesome brownie mix she sent home with us. Then my friend sends us with homemade cookies. I'm not sure if Tis the season to be jolly or rolly. But hey, that's what the new year is for right? Only problem with that is that the perfect time to lose the baby weight is by the time they are a year and that only gives me 20 days into Jan. if I start on the 1st.

Aw well, I have other worries. Like the xmas projects that are not getting done as I type. I also have many, many joys. Like the trio that crowd about my legs each day, the welcome relief that walks in the door around 5pm, a heater to keep us warm after we made our 6 inch snowman off of very wet, melting snow garnered from the van (the ground snow had gotten to sparse to use by 11am) and dreams for the future... which include, if you don't already know...


Moving to Canada! Yep, we are moving. Can't believe it. Don't know how it will all get done, but it will. We are heading up in the spring sometime and will keep you posted. Our new home will be made in Fort Qu'appelle, Saskatchewan. I small town about 3 hours from Saskatoon where my parents and siblings live, 30 min. from the capital Regina. We are looking forward to it, although saying goodbye to so many will be tough.

3 comments:

GMS said...

I assume you meant groove because I didn't know you had a grove to get in to, lol.
I wanted to see the first big group picture up close but it didn't work while the last two did.
Any way, great pictures & post. And up in Canada you can just cover up what little extra weight you have with layers.

Katie said...

Moving??? I had NO idea!!! We're certainly going to miss you guys!! I know you must be EXTATIC!!

Ian said...

I heard that if you eat your desserts while standing up, that that will cancel the calories! Also if you break a cookie or cake into pieces, that that breaks the calories too! I'll have to try these.