Sunday, December 13, 2009

1st steps!

Emora has taken her first steps! So far she's taken 4 steps. The first at Big Buddy's, then next at our house and then two in a row at Big Buddy's again. I think she is trying to show off for him. Ivan also took his first step there. And Dominique of course is unique, so she took her first step at home.


It totally amazes me how someone under a year can understand so much. I was cracking pecans outside tonight. (Mom remember last year when it was so warm in Jan. and we were outside cracking pecans?) Tis the season. Pecan cracking is terribly messy, so if it's nice out like today (in the 70s F or 20 C) then it's always a good idea to take it out where pecan shells blend into the scenery. I can guarantee we'll have a flock of birds on our lawn in the morning. Emora was right there with me helping out. She noticed I was taking pecans out of our big bucket, so she would pick them out and hand it to me. Then she saw that I was putting it in another bucket on a table, she tried to do that and nearly pulled the table over. Then she saw that I was putting the pecans into a cracking instrument, so she repeatedly tried to put a pecan from the bucket into the instrument and work it too. Nothing like starting them early in the chores department I say!



We are finally done with the projects we need to mail. Of course, I've thought of a few other things to make, but nothing so arduous and I have a little over a week to do them, so that's good.


Ivan likes his face paint to be all over his face (not just a cheek picture) and he wants it a boy picture, but usually not anything in our book! So I finally convinced him to get a crocodile with his teeth as it's teeth and that it could be trying to eat a fish. Instead, he wanted it to be chasing and trying to eat me! I'd never face painted myself on someone before. It was so funny to see him opening and closing his mouth. Made that crocodile look animated. Too much fun with a bit of time and paint.



Are you a last minute Christmas person, or do you do things in advance?

4 comments:

nana said...

I love that croc Ivan! Wow what beautiful Christmas angels! Like those shoes Dominique. The answer to todays question is, early. If I don't get a suggestion list early I have a really hard time completing the task. I'm thankful this year, I got them early. Yeah!!

jenn with two n's said...

Way to go Emora! We knew you could do it!

GMS said...

Answer: Last minute.
Remind Emora that she doesn't turn 1 till next month & she shouldn't grow up too fast.
Beautiful pictures & glad they would enlarge this time when clicked on.

Ian said...

Congratulations Emora! Ivan, you have a great imagination. And Dominique, your personality is showing in your smile. Tell your mother that she loves you.