Wednesday, December 30, 2009

nutty nutcracker






The gift theme was scooters. Christian already has one, but the other grandkids became wheeling menaces too. Andrew is the older cousin here and his made sparks. The kids of course loved opening the gifts, but perhaps their greater highlight was to go to the nutcracker with Nana and Papa. They have been looking forward to this since Nana first mentioned it some months ago. They’ve watched Youtubes, read books and seen other recorded ballets in preparation. Dominique was absolutely thrilled to dress up with her tights and fancy shoes. Even with it being nap time, she watched the ballet with rapt attention. The grands informed me that when the mice attacked, Dominique yelled out for the nutcracker to grab their tails and bite them. And this was at a BALLET! Can you imagine her at a competitive sporting event?

When they got back, she told me of a man flying and showed me her own nutcrackers that she had picked out. As I type, they are listening to the soundtrack and likely dreaming of sugarplums dancing overhead, or maybe her nailpolish from Ivan. She told me that she had dreamed about her nailpolish! Who dreams about nailpolish? Where did I get such a froufrou girl?

2 comments:

Ian said...

I sounds like a great educational opportunity for the kids.

Davis Family said...

A rather irresponsible friend gave Bronwyn nail polish for her birthday. She was applying it to her nails and toes this evening - well until she tired of it and decided I should do the application!! Our girls would get along famously!