Thursday, December 31, 2009

finishing off 2009


The year is rounding up, in about 2 hours from my location. Our house is still a disaster from 2009, where is Mary Poppins and her magical snapping when you need her? We still have a tree to dismantle and our first box to pack for the move: Christmas ornaments. This packing thing could be a long process if the tree is any indication. I would have already started on it, but I know that this time, I need to take care to wrap carefully and also as efficiently as possible. It is amazing that this year we will move and no small move at that, but to a whole other country, climate, life... The year 2010 will definitely be one of change.




On a humorous note, I will start my new pocket 2 year calendar. I started buying these in 2003 I believe and I remember being surprised at looking through my used book to notice that when had bought it, I didn't know for certain that we would be birthing a child and I'd have it filled with doctor appointments, birthday and pediatrician appointments. Since then I have bought 2 other books and with each one we've had the same thing- a baby born within that 2 year book! Now I face a new book with the same question... will we have another by the end of the next 2 years? NO, we are not trying right now with everything that we are about to have to do, but we've always thought 4 was our number, so we'll see how we survive the move and insanity of life with a trio in Canada and maybe this will be my last pocket 2 year book tracing the birth of a new life. While new life is amazing, I do know that Brian and I have a definite limit. I wonder at the women (at least a couple of whom were my great grandmothers)- who birthed and raised a dozen or more children. I just couldn't do it, unless and I had no choice in the matter and then I'm not sure I'd stay sane!! Of course I live in a highly privileged time and place when I can choose where to live, how many children to have, what food I want from the grocery store. I know there are so many who do not have all the liberties or riches I do. I am humbled by that knowing that I am very, very fortunate.

PS- It's so crazy to see Emora walking more and more and understanding things! Another toddler is in the making.

5 comments:

NANA said...

That was a fun day. Full of excitement, laughter and too much food.

Ian said...

Happy New Year and may God continue to richly bless you in 2010.

GMS said...

Toddlerhood is so much fun except that it's followed by those terrible twos.

Ian said...

Angela, I don't know if you realize this, but it struck me from the expression you have in that first picture, it reminded me how you and your mother are so much alike! And I suspect that an oldest daughter of an oldest daughter would naturally have many similarities. (BTW I see this as a compliment.)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

yeah, that photo was kind of funny because he wanted us to have our picture kissing under the umbrella, but it took a while for the camera to take it, so we kept having to kiss!!