Monday, December 07, 2009

Our Mondays






While many people dread Mondays, we look forward to it. Tighe, all our kids and I have a standing date Monday mornings to get together. Sometimes we do a craft, sometimes music at Tighe's, always some yelling, running and general chaos, but at least it is shared chaos. I wish I could pack up the Baiers and take them with us or at least create an instant transport system where we could hop over just for a couple of hours a week. But at least there is technology. That's how my blood sister and I get to keep up with each other and the kids. We meet Wednesday mornings online.

It was right at freezing all day, which is cold for here. But Tighe made it over today with her dynamic duo. She loves to do hair and Dominique loves the attention from Tighe. She screams like crazy if I come near her though! Ivan loves the attention too and really likes to play music with her. He insisted they do a duet, even though it was lunch time and all our kids were getting vocal about it. By the way Tighe, Ivan has been singing "mississippi stop, stop" all week! That's the song/exercise she taught him in the few minutes they carved out to share a love of music.

2 comments:

Ian said...

Sounds of good times.

Anonymous said...

Yes I am sure you and Tighe will miss each other.Life is not always fair just when you have something good going it throws a monkey wrench in it.But you will work something out I am sure.mom