Sunday, December 20, 2009

leaves at Christmas time






The leaves have finally fallen here, for the most part, but days can still be very nice, so it was perfect for a leaf play day. Since this time, Brian mowed, so no more leaves, but we still have the good memories and these pictures.

I think I've finally finished with the Christmas shopping, so I am relieved. I made 20 things on my sewing machine. The kids are so excited about the gifts of course. We hung out with Big Buddy some today and he gave the big kids remote control trucks and Emora a doll that kisses and laughs. I think he was more excited to give them than anything. He made about 3 trips on his own down the street in his motorized wheelchair to buy the gifts and he said that was the highlight of his week. We are constantly trying to get him out, but he always says it's too hot, cold or windy. But then when he made himself go he loved it! He called me at least twice to ask what to get Emora. The thing is that the kids have everything, but they got something more and it made him so happy for him to get them something. He even wrote them out little cards and gave them some cash. Yes, they are already excited at their young ages to receive money!

Brian and I got to go on a date yesterday for our 11th anniv. We watched The Blind side, which was a great movie and went for supper while my neighbor kept the trio. That was such a huge treat. I didn't think of the kids during the whole movie! I did remember them once in the quiet vehicle and then was once again thankful to NOT have them at the restaurant. Of course we love them, but sometimes a few hours away from them is such a huge treat!

2 comments:

Nana said...

I think I would rather have a swimming pool full of leaves opposes to a swimming pool full of ice and snow like in the north east. Burrrrr!!! Our temps have been cool enough for us thin blooded southerners, lor are we just wusses.

Ian said...

Actually, tomorrow is the first day of winter. We have enough snow that we have to use a broom to dust it off the deck and driveway! Still not enough to get the snowblower out. Also I haven't bothered to put up snow fences for the second year in a row. Maybe that global warming is happening.