Sunday, January 03, 2010

2010 here we go






I just realized how much time has lapsed since my last post. We have enjoyed our long weekend. We very much needed it. The kitchen floor still needs to be mopped, but we got to spend some time with friends, got my first box packed for Canada (Christmas ornaments) and our tree dismantled, lights down... We also got to play games, read books, and I did my weekly lap swim time- all much needed down time.

Ivan hopes everyday that it will rain so that he can use his new umbrella, but if it rains then he can't use his new scooter! Emora is walking more than crawling now and is adding vocabulary so quickly. Today she said her first: momma and hello (which is just an H sounding syllable). She likes to use anything as a phone and then say her H thingy. Dominique is an emotional mess lately, so that is not very fun. She cries at the drop of a hat, has become demanding, unreasonable, not wanting naps, but still needing them. AH, sometimes growing up is not so easy.

Question time again: what are your favorite things to do with a long weekend?

4 comments:

GMS said...

Answer: sleep, attempt to organize.
Wondering what the purple stuff on Emora's tray is?
Ivan sounds like he always has a plan & purpose.
Dominique is a middle child right now & that is always a challenge.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Purple Blueberry pancakes and dry cereal for breakfast. Daddy picked it out ;)

GMS said...

Sounds good to me right now!

Ian said...

Great pictures of the kids.
On long weekends I like to get done all those jobs that I put off.