Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The engagement




The newly engaged aren't going to post the video I so adeptly shot and they've given me permission to post it! That means I get to put my own spin on it ;) It was very fun to be there and the joy from the couple is plain to see. What I find hillarious is the action happening in the top right corner of the frame. It's a little dark, so I hope you can make it out. Mom was watching with rapt attention, as were all of us and I do believe she got the first glance at the ring too ;)

Also, I think I'm seeing a pattern:

Andrew & Andrea
Jenn & John
Angela & Brian

Either I was supposed to be named Briana, or Brian was supposed to be Angelo.

Mom does have a very nurturing side. Here she is feeding a bird from her hand when we went for a walk at a conservation area which boasts very tame birds. I guess we have all made it out of the nest ok, but who can blame us for coming back from time to time. The grub is so good ;)

9 comments:

armacleod said...

I guess I better be the first one to comment. Thanks for posting the video. I can tell you that it was an excellent Xmas this past year.

Nana said...

Angelo?????

Kimberley said...

Angela and Brian - A & B you're starting the alphabet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pics and video. I think most people will see it here.
Your mom was really interested in the ring. And she was the first one to see it. *g*
My mom is still upset that Andrew didn't ask her. *lol* No, I think she's ok, she was just joking.

And about the pattern you see. I think, since you are the oldest of the family, you had the right to choose someone who doesn't have the same letter like you. I like it anyway, although we shouldn't have anymore people with "A" and "J", for a change. ;)

Eric said...

My brothers and I don't understand this idea of a pattern. Is it a MacLeod thing, or a Jelsing thing? Maybe Andrew or Aura, or Doug or Darcy or Erica will comment on this.

armacleod said...

One thing to know Angela, that last picture did not upload correctly. Mom was really wanting to see that picture but its not there...

Lin said...

Congratulations goes out to my cousin Andrew! I am really happy for them. As for the name thing, oh well. I'm with Kim you guys started them off and showed them the alphabet thing. Love you guys! I am glad it was a great Christmas for everyone!

Kimberley said...

I have to add this - I saw a bit of a show on the Learning Channel the other night. They were following a family with 15 kids. Each of the kids' names began with a "J". I don't know how they keep that straight!

Madame Angela Baggett said...

sorry the pic of mom didn't come up right before. Mom, Andrew made a copy of our pics, so ask to see them, there is another great one of the bird flying off your hand and several with Brian.

Eric and Kim- that is too funny! Mom's brothers have a bunch of kids with W names (Wayne, Wendy, Winston, Winsome, Wendell, Webster) with last name Williamson. Good thing they weren't Xavier!