Sunday, April 16, 2006

Snaps: cute and quirky vol.3





We are having a blast with John and Jenn. They are a super duper auntie and uncle. I think Ivan knows instinctively that Jenn is my sister, because he goes to her almost as good as he does with me. She is the only person I've seen him go to immediately when he hasn't seen her in a year! Of course, she crouched down to his level and made crazy fun faces. She's such a natural and will make a wonderful mom. We were trying to get ready to go for a walk, but I wasn't ready yet. Jenn said she'll take Ivan and he just waved at me and the guys and went off with her down the street! I wish she was close enough for babysitting!!!

Yesterday we colored eggs and went to a friend's for a party. There was lots of bbq meat and some was deer, so they felt right at home. This morning Ivan hunted eggs and had a very awesome time of it. He kept saying "oh, oooooooh!" Now if the dog goes nuts where he had previously found an egg, he makes the sign for more, thinking they may still be lurking somewhere!

Ivan was loaded up with gifts from Canada and chocolate, so he had a couple of meltdowns near nap and bed times. Likewise, I didn't sleep much the first night they were here, since I was so excited. Like mother, like son? In fact, it's midnight now, I should go to bed, but had to post these pics.






See our little party animal?

5 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that Jennifer and John arrived safely. Looks like y'all are having fun; wish Ruth and I could be there.

Anonymous said...

I am also glad to hear that they arrived safely.
I love egg hunting and was able to do that too for Grandma was hiding some for me. *yeah*

Anonymous said...

It seems to me Ivan is doing a John impersonation in the second photo. Does anyone else see it?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

dad- wish you were here too. We love you.
all- we are having a blast with auntie and uncle, lots of visiting and resting. It's hot, so we try to get out in the cool or go out somewhere indoors! Planning a trip to Albany, TX and a day in Dallas, swim class and library time too.
gparay- yep, we saw that too, funny huh?

BTW- Ivan now wants chocolate for snacks, so does his mom ;)

Lady J said...

Great pics! Looks like Ivan had as much fun egg hunting as Harrison did! Did you too have to keep hiding them over and over again?! Have a fun week!