Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ivan's loves and #2


We had another doctor visit monday. We are on the every other week schedule now and I hate to say it, but they seem like a waste at this point. With Ivan's pregnancy, everything was new, so we even looked forward to each doctor visit. Now, it's cool to hear the heartbeat, but really, I can see her move all over my belly, I know she's ok and know that holding her will be the real excitement, so a drive to the doctor, wait with cranky, needing to nap #1, so that she can do some routine things we do EVERY time... let's just say I would have rather stayed home and hung out or gotten more done on preparing for baby. The plus was that today was really fast (30 min. total) and Ivan did wonderful even though he was 2 hours late for a nap. Next appointment, we scheduled in the morning. Don't get me wrong, I'm very pleased that the visits aren't more eventful, like that something would be a concern, that would be awful. We appreciate that everything is SOOOOOOOOO smooth that we even feel like we could just skip the rest or at least half the visits and show up on B day! Thus said... it's time for another preggy pic. and since Jen was here, we had one done together. This may be the only time that happens, that we'd be together pregnant!

On to Ivan... He has several things he is passionate about. One is his Baby Einstein video from my cousin Lin. I had to put it in an unreacheable place because he would bring it to us about 5 times a day making the squeek noises of the puppet characters and wanting to watch. Yesterday, I made a once a day rule. It is educational and well done though and it's helped him learn to say "flower" and "chaise" his first French word! Do you know what it means? Ivan does!!

He also knows what a broom is for and wants to sweep and sweep and sweep, carpet, floor... I say we're starting him young! He pushed his own laundry basket to the laundry room by crawling on his hands and knees, and likes to practice taking out and putting in dishes in the dishwasher. Of course he also likes to empty the kleenex box, flush the toilet repeatedly, touch the toilet water after the flush and wash his hands, but not USE the potty as in it's regular use. I don't want to push the issue, although he really enjoyed sitting there and eating a treat- but I don't want to do that where he'll expect it! I take it that we are all learning through this phase! And for those of you already lamenting the fact that our daughter will get hand-me-downs, Ivan's clothes are hand-me-downs too, and all those used to be new books and furniture are lovingly marked for her future enjoyment. Also, he really is teaching us a lot, by the time she goes through these stages, we'll be pros. (We will be right? Please say "yes")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Ivan loves his movie. Like i told you the other day, jac starts laughing and giggling just when she hears the intro. Maybe Ivan should learn about Farms now, i know another great movie!

GMS said...

Glad to hear that Ivan loves to help. You will need all the help you can get, I'm sure.