Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm not ready yet!!!









Time has flown by way too fast. Tomorow we are going to Dallas to visit an aquarium and (sniff, sniff) drop off our beloveds at their hotel where they will stay the night to make the flight tomorow morning easier. Today we pretty much relaxed. It was a gorgeous day, so we went to a park for a bit where I took photos like crazy! Poor Ivan. I promise that I do (sometimes) let him just play, but I think all too often we are taking pictures. Then there are days when I don't bring the camera, something cute happens and I wish I'd had it. I do know that dad took our pictures a lot, but I can't imagine growing up like Ivan where the second he was born we took a picture and pretty much haven't quit since. Should we slow it down? Are we annoying him? It's so easy to just snap away until we get a nice shot, then we end up with tons of shots, all because it's so convenient and free! But I know you like to see him growing up, as do I, so feast your eyes out!


Parting is such sweet sorrow... until we meet again. xoxo to auntie and uncle

4 comments:

Ian said...

TRY to take as many pictures of your next one as the first. That way you won't get accused of favoritism. Actually it may be your third child where you won't take as many pictures because you will have had one of them before. With us it was Jennifer who got short changed in the picture department and I've felt guilty about it ever since. But with digital cameras you don't have to worry about the cost so maybe it will be easier to keep the habit of snapping.

GMS said...

I agree with Iam about picture taking being a habit and do think it is a great one. I have said before, I hope I never regret not having done something that I wished I had, that especially is true of taking a picture or having a camera handy.
I'm sure you are only showing us a fraction of what you actually took and we wish we could see more.
Keep up the great work!!

Anonymous said...

A big AMEN to Ian and GMS. Even the pics that you my judge "not cute enough" will be enjoyed and treasured by grandparents. This is the next best thing to living next door. Your writing also makes the experience seem personal and always uplifting.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

You grandparents are hillarious! Well, since you all are the pros. and have assured me this overdose of pictures will not do him any permanent harm, we will keep it up. Plus, we love snapping and looking! Did I mention we took about 195 pictures during the auntie and uncle's 1 week stay! That was a little crazy!