Thursday, April 20, 2006

Loving his auntie and uncle's visit

Ivan is totally loving having his auntie and uncle here and so are we. Time is going way too fast, but we are enjoying it immensely. I can't even remember all we've done since I last posted. My favorite things though are being able to visit and connect and re-connect and the way Ivan just thrives on the attention of his extended family. He's constantly bringing auntie Jenn books for her to read him and laughs with hysterical delight when uncle surprises him with a "boo" around a corner. He's been dancing and showing them all he can do and taking in all the fun and sights.

Yesterday we made a day trip to Albany, Texas. Ivan litterally loved all the art he saw. We had a lovely picnic in perfect weather. It was unbearably hot when J&J got here, yesterday was beautiful, last night it rained and it's now cold. Good thing they packed some of everything to wear! We visited a totally cool museum where John placed a pin on the wall map of the world showing that someone from Saskatoon visited. They re-do the map every year and it's amazing to see how people from all around the world have come to this little Texas town. We saw the court house, an old pioneer home, various touristy shops, historic buildings, a gorgeous redone dance hall that makes you feel like a southern bell (minus the debutant gown) and a coffee joint called "Our daily grind". It was so fun. Then we ate out.

Today, Ivan did his best performance at the library to impress his auntie. Usually he just stares at all the kids, but today he swung his arms, touched his toes, clapped, stomped, spinned and ran up for his arm stamps and said "ohhhhhhhhh" when he got them. We toured some great museums where Ivan ooed at everything again. He can make anyone feel like a hero. When I walk into a room, he will often cheer, clap and yell "mommy, mommy". There is nothing like it! He has official named himself Iya and Brian "da-eeeee". He impressed John and I by letting out a string of English. It sounded like "I don't know what I want to eat..." It shocked us. At other times he just muddles around with sounds, but it's all music to our ears.

Here's our gift for mom and dad: their grandkids.
Trick question: How many people are in this photo?

7 comments:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Answer: 3 cousins and two adults making 5 people! Just goes to show that beauty and life is more than skin deep- ha, ha

Anonymous said...

nm mn nmn
Ivan's comment.

Ian said...

Great report on your Albany trip. When you took us, I don't think we saw as much, but then we might not have had as much time. Are you going to get a chance to go to Paint Rock?

Madame Angela Baggett said...

We didn't get to paint rock, but are going to do something exciting in Dallas. We're going to visit the Dallas World Aquarium together. We thought we'd all enjoy it and Ivan too!

Anonymous said...

WHOA HI COUSINS!!!!
I wish I could come and visit the Dallas World Aquarium with you guys.
XOXO RHIAN

Carolyn said...

Hi Angela,

This is Carolyn (Wiebe) Brednich. I found your blog and Jenn's and others through reading comments on Leah's blog. It has been fun for me to find so many of you Western friends! I didn't read too far back in your blog but seems you have a sweet little boy and another blessing on the way! Congrats! I have 2 incredible kids (boys), we are in Mexico City. Take care!

Love, Carolyn

Lady J said...

I see 5 people!!! And I even failed math more than once...but you already knew that!!! Funny...I knew I'd never need it again after highschool, and I was right! However I may be in trouble once Harrison starts school!