Sunday, April 23, 2006

last day together


As I write, Jenn and John should be driving home from Calgary. They had a flight at 11am from Dallas, (where we left them yesterday). So this morning, they should have flown to Calgary and would drive to Saskatoon from there. We so much appreciated them coming down and had a total blast with them. It's hard to see them leave, especially knowing that we hadn't seen them in a year, but hopefully we'll be able to make it up this xmas.

Our last day was a blast. We went to the Dallas World Aquarium, where we experienced a simulated rainforest with wild birds, monkeys, waterfall and pool of water. We saw all sorts of sea life from all over the world, including: Sri lanka, British Columbia, Japan, the Bahamas... Brian was glad to see a poison dart frog, which was very little, but I liked one of the biggest animals best: the antilliean manatees, which we saw underwater. They gave us a great show by swimming right up to the glass and displaying all their grandeur as they turned around. It looked like they were trying to kiss the viewers.






The colors of the animals also astounded me. It looked like most the animals and birds had been dipped in flurescent paint! It was just amazing. Ivan loved all of it, from the displays, to the water, to the fish and turtles, mayan dancers, monkeys, birds, penguins and even the trash on the floor and music in the bathroom, where he did a little head-bob dance in his excitedment. He kept saying: ohhh, ohh, the entire day!

I wish we were closer to each other, but that is my fault! It easy to get sad when I see other families who are all together or who have their sister's over for lunch or hang-out together, but we try to make our times together meaningful and connect in other ways, by phone, the net or blogs. Thank the Lover for technology that allows that much at least!!!

5 comments:

GMS said...

Praise the Lord for a great last day that will live on in memories!!!!

Lady J said...

It must be hard living so far away from your family, but take it from someone who lives with darn near their whole family....it's not all it's cracked up to be! There are days when Texas wouldn't be far entough away for me! Funny, but I actually envy you and Jenn for the closeness you share and maintain across the miles. My sister and I live in the same city, but do not get together for lunch, she doesn't see Harrison as much as I'd like her to and we are not close at all. So don't let the distance between you fool you into believing that living in the same city makes you closer. It is the connection you share no matter how far apart you find yourselves, and the willingness on both your parts to stay close from a whole country away! Feel blessed!

Ian said...

Remember when you and Jennifer used to have such terrible fights and either I or your mom would say don't worry, one day you will be best friends?
(I win--you lose--ha, ha!)

Madame Angela Baggett said...

Netts- thanks for the reminder! I am very fortunate.

Dad- yes, I'm glad you win and hope our kids can somehow skip the bad fights part!! Oh, and about the pictures, we've been warned, we'll take pics, but ones with Ivan will have to count too! We do need to make prints, haven't since last summer! It will definitely be easier with the digital. I tell the pregnant moms at class to put a digital camera on their registry, that I would take it over a crib. A kid can sleep anywhere, but those pictures are moments lost forever. Of course, I'm thankful we have both crib and camera!

Jenni said...

I am so glad that you all had a fun time together while your sister was here. What a blessing.