Sunday, July 15, 2012

last of the cousins reunion pics


All 5 Baggetts agree that the most fun we had during the reunion was to walk in the muddy creek.

The first time I went, it was with John, Imogen, Emily, my 2 girls and me. We spread the word and got a gang up for the next day.

We explored the other direction and picked up a straggler kid who was so sweet and helped Jacob find his lost necklace in the mud pool.

There was tons of giggles and slime and laughter as well as exciting currents and sink holes.

This seems like eons ago and I guess in the way of summers it was.

Since then, we've had a birthday party with family and another one postponed, swim lessons, started and postponed and a nasty illness to do battles with.

The kids aren't miserable. Ivan can even eat again and he's very happy about that, but the net says they are infectious until all the blisters are gone. While they have no new blisters, the ones they have do not look any smaller.

Thankfully it was the weekend, so I got to leave some each day, which was awesome. The poor kids are restricted to our house and back yard so that we don't infect others. My house looks like pure chaos. They have so much energy and their joy has been to make "inventions"- which looks to me like a bunch of jumbled stuff out.

My mom's side of the family is grieving as one of my cousins has passed away. Prayers are appreciated for my grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins. First it was my uncle Neville, then his first son and now his second over a period of about 3 years. The sisters and Aunt Carol have had a rough road to walk in the wake of so much loss.

No comments: