Friday, February 18, 2011

Some of my latest projects

Here is the dog house I made for Saba. I converted a non working fridge into an insulated, easily washable, home on wheels. I removed the cooling mechanism by opening up the back and letting my husband hack saw it out. That hack saw terrifies me, so do nail guns. A bunch of the insulation in it was wet and frozen, so I replaced that, took out the wall separating the freezer and fridge, took off the freezer door, used caulking to seal, then decorate it and painted the caulk. She fits perfect and can even stand in it. She hasn't hung out in it yet, except to lick all the peanut butter out that I had dabbed in it as incentive for her to try it. But I feel like I can kick her out of the house and into the yard at times now. If she doesn't use it, that's her fault, I have a shelter for her. And if we need to go somewhere for a night, we could leave her out and she'd survive without us.




The blue-green color will be the color of our stairs into the basement, once we have sanded, repaired and repainted them.


Here is Dominique's room decor.







I can't wait to move her in down there and get control once again over all the kid stuff! Space, we need space!!

Ivan and I have been going back and forth on what to paint in his room. I've found awesome pictures, but he doesn't like any of them. Had great ideas, he didn't like those either. Then Brian said, "I don't think he wants anything". So, his will be much less interesting, but he did concede to let me paint some speakers and spotlights for his pretend stage, which will actually be his closet. He is not ecstatic about the fact that it will not be a REAL stage, but he aint no rock star yet, and we are not building him a studio! He'll just have to share Brian's studio/guest room/sewing room/art room.

If you had an extra room on interesting space in your house, what would you want to use it for?

3 comments:

GMS said...

Super great dog house and a room fit for a princess. Ivan will enjoy a fake stage with his imagination.

GMS said...

I don't think that comment came out right -- I meant that the castle for Dominique looked really good, not for Saba.

Sarahmac said...

Music library, with a stereo and a record player/ book library!! One day.