Tuesday, February 15, 2011

painting, painting and more painting

We have some eager helpers...








Of course Brian has been in paint mode and me too, only I get to do the fun stuff. I painted Saba's new dog house and have had her outside all day. It is above freezing, so she doesn't even need it today, but I feel so much freedom now because I feel like she has a place to rest if she wants one. Before I didn't have a shelter, I felt horrible putting her out because the ground was always frozen cold and there was no where to get out of the wind. It is so wonderful having her out. I like her way more this way. We came home and I even wanted to pet her!

Now I'm on to room details. I'm painting a castle and some flowers on Dominique's walls with a few words. Ivan wants a stage. I came up with several BRILLIANT plans for him, but he doesn't like any of them yet. He wants us to build him an actual stage with lights in his room. That isn't going to happen, so we are trying to find the happy compromise. ACK-- this kid can be difficult at times!

It's so incredible to have some warmer weather and see things melting. I don't know that spring is really here, it's a bit early, but what a relief from the terrible cold we'd had. When it is cold, they say to dress in layers. The girls do that all the time, although I'm pretty sure this is not what they meant. They like to wear dresses in the winter, so instead of fighting, I tell them they have to wear a long sleeve shirt and pants under it. The look leaves something to be desired, but it keeps us all happy.

No comments: