Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Eat dust no more

I hadn't been able to get the house clean since surgery. A friend came one day and did my floor, but that was all she'd gotten done, so it was driving me nuts. Yesterday, I was finally able to get it all clean and for 1 glorious hour my house felt great. But Brian is still sanding and within an hour, the dust was settling once again, in the cupboards, in our dishes, on every ledge and object. In fact, I had a glass of water out from lunch, that afternoon I took a drink from it and could taste the drywall in my water! I wouldn't recommend drywall tea. Thankfully none of us seem allergic, we are just always dirty. Emora was trying to mud the dog here, or brush her with the mudding tool?






But the good news is that as of an hour ago, the mudding and sanding is done- as far as I know anyways. He started priming. I keep hoping I can go down there and help. Maybe at night. The girls are not the best carpentry assistants!



They have their own colorful abilities.


Dominique amended her future plans. She has been saying that she wants to be a dancer and a singer. Now she added a colorer and drawer. She is always drawing and making gorgeous creations.

It's brutally cold here these days, but then it swings and gets warm for a few days. My neighbor told me we'll probably just have another cold snap and it will start to get warmer, like not -30 anymore, just -10 or so. Looking forward to warmer days and the nearing finish of the basement. Can't wait to see our colors up on the walls and do all my extra paint details ;)

Do you like to do artistic projects? paint, draw, dance, sing, theater?

3 comments:

armacleod said...

I love to do all kinds of artistic projects, I just don't find the time to do so. I used to draw and write when I was in high-school. I would also like to do more photography and videography and even programming development work for fun but that is a while away I think.

Deana said...

Agh! That's super cold!!

I'm enjoying Max doing art projects, it gives me an excuse to play with crayons, and playdough and paint all the time!!

Ian said...

I'm glad that progress is being made.