Wednesday, February 23, 2011

living up our week of holidays

The paint is still drying on Ivan's "stage". I painted his spotlights and the rest of the speakers today. He and the girls just sang "Burning Ring of Fire" in front of it. When we rewatched the video, Ivan was saying "I know, it's really loud. I probably left my speakers on too loud" He cracks me up.


A couple nights ago, I got these painted on the recessed ceiling of the guest room. The room is very strange because there were 3 sections of pipes that could not be raised up to the nice high ceiling level of the middle. So instead of loosing all that head space and making the whole room short, there are three sections where the ceiling drops down. My philosophy of weird things you don't like is to make it extra special like a highlight of the room. So we did a spotlight in the corner dropped roof and I painted some detail on it and we did dark brown/studio like paint on the underneath.





We are surprised by how much we like the downstairs bathroom colors. We kind of just picked out a color and the green came out much darker than we'd thought, but we like it. It will be the kid's bathroom mostly. We have two walls of another color in the entrance of the bathroom. We ran out of the green and used a mixture of our stairs color with white. We ended up liking how they complement each other though.


Next we have the stairs to paint. I have several ideas that I want to do with painting there too. More fun for me!! Meanwhile, Brian gets to paint boring things like window ledges and closet doors. We are praying he gets work soon. He had a potential lead that we hoped would pan out for this week, but it was not to be... yet. The door is still cracked open, but we need it to swing wide and let him through. So you can join with us in that prayer if you wish.

OK, the kids are waiting for me to face paint them. Dominique is going with her big cousin to the dance studio tonight. She is very excited and will have fairy decor and tutu in honor of the honor!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Ivan, you have to remember to keep your speakers turned down! LOL

Olivia said...

It looks so good! The house is really turning into the Baggett HOME finally.

Anonymous said...

Love your creativity...all 5 of you!
Auntie MM

P.S. Missed U all last weekend.