Thursday, February 24, 2011

a lot of painting

Painting a room is fun. Painting an entire basement is a lot of paint. It's fun and exciting, but so much work! And really, I haven't been involved much at all in the work part of it. When Brian was working with Randy on their house flipping, they had 4 guys and would paint a whole house in a couple of days. They taped a day and used a big sprayer to put on texture and then the paint. The nice thing with this is that he didn't have to tape, but without a sprayer and with many different colors, he couldn't just slap it on either.

He put primer on the stairs today, so maybe soon we can get that part done.














The kids and I have enjoyed the week off from school schedule. We got to party it up with the cousins a couple of times. We went to Regina Tues. and got to swim while we were there. Yesterday, we got to skate. I haven't skated in about a decade, but I tried it and my knee was pretty ok. So that was very, very exciting. My friend also came to the pool for a bit, so she kept the kids while I did a few laps. That was also very thrilling, although I realized how horribly out of shape I've gotten. Oh if only there was a pool in town! I am looking forward to the lake melting-- anyone got a wetsuit they want to get rid of?

2 comments:

GMS said...

Grampa Ray wants to know what the note says off to the right on the picture of Brian on the ladder painting the stairway.
Is it a reminder of some kind?

BTW, of I had a wetsuit it would be yours in an instant.

Madame Angela Baggett said...

One of the kids wrote the note, which is all the rage in their lives right now (writing notes). It said "no Ivan, Dominique, Emora". To tell them that they were not allowed on the stairs! It's pretty funny when they get all excited about a rule we make!