Sunday, February 06, 2011

SKIING!!!!!

One of the amazing amenities of Fort Qu'Appelle is it's very own downhill ski facility. Of course it costs a small fortune, because all these places do, but sometimes being in the right place at the right time is to your advantage. About a month ago, a mom called me up and told me they had a learn to ski program for ages 5-10, including a 2 hour lesson, equipment and lift ticket for $10. Well, the price was right so we signed him up. It was canceled several weeks due to extreme cold and last week because a school with 100 kids were going to be there. So Sat. he finally got to go.


He was so excited! I went to take pics and be there, but ended up having to walk up the hill a lot to help him, however my knee is being ok. I think the exercise is limbering it up.

Here he is getting ready for the tbar with his teacher.


It's not as easy as it looks. He never did quite master this skill.

The weather was perfect in that it was really warm, but that caused a big problem for Ivan. He wasn't sliding down the hill at all. After over an hour in class, he still hadn't made it down the hill once. He must take after me in that. I could never really do snowplow and neither could he. But eventually the teacher got him out on a steep incline and he at least got momentum to get down.


I was trying to get him to stay since his lift ticket was for all day, but his legs were tired and it would have been a huge, possibly impossible challenge for me to help him up the hill on the tbar with my knee still healing. So we called it quits for this time. They offer the program each year and he is already looking forward to learning a bit more. I would have loved to go down too! Maybe some day...

2 comments:

Davis Family said...

Yeah IVAN!!!

Ian said...

I'm glad that your knee is getting better.