Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our ever changing world

This morning I opened the door and realized we had a fresh snowfall. So I yelled out "look, it snowed!". Ivan came running and had a disappointed "oh". I said "that's not the reaction you had to snow in Texas. You were excited about it there". He replied "Now, I'm excited for it to melt and spring to come". Ah well, it'll be here some day. For today, I'm excited that it is not so cold and that the sun is beaming gloriously. I'm tempted to go for a walk, I'm also really really wanting a nap and at the same time I'd love to get some more painting done.


I got some painting on the stairs done. We picked our green/blue color from a showroom on the Benjamen Moore paint site. They had a room that was cheery, warm and reminded me of a Spanish, southern place- which I thought would be totally fun for a basement. So that is what our stairs became and then I thought to paint a Mexican inspired tile on it. It wasn't until I had painted a couple that I realized I was replicating many TexMex restaurants! So now we just need a bowl of chips and salsa at the end of the stairs and VOILA, we are back in Abilene! ha,ha.


a close up of my tile design.


This green feature wall was the last wall to paint in the basement. We weren't sure if we'd want it this bold color too, but then we decided to go for it and we love it. Of course I could not let it be with just that, I had to add a little embelishment! I'm so glad Brian lets me piddle like this with all the paint. So fun. I did the main design in our white trim color and the edge detail in the wall color. Over the archway, I did the reverse colors. Just a few more paint projects and I'll be done with the house stuff and on to Emora's portrait. I've picked out her picture already and am so excited about it. I love learning each detail of my kid's faces- so fun.


How is the world around you changing?

1 comment:

Nana said...

Ange, I like your "tiles". Are you going to put a sealer on to keep them free of wear and tear? I have a large bowl of tortilla chips and a fresh bowl of salsa. You just need to head a bit "south". Our "few" weeks of winter are about over. The grass is greening up and we are working in the flowerbeds. That is soooo coool! I love the fresh look of the greening and color. Every region has it's own thing. Where I grew up we always had beauty, warmth and color. Hopefully soon for you.