Friday, August 20, 2010

Whirlwind

I feel as though we've been caught up in a tornado since we got here. I can't even remember what we were doing the first few days we arrived, but the pictures tell me that by the weekend, we were in Moose Jaw at a wedding of my cousins. We got to see many of my first cousins there, uncles, aunts and of course our beloved IMOGEN! The kids danced the night away and we came back to Fort Qu'Appelle exhausted.





The next night, it was time for a powwow on Standing Buffalo reserve, so off we went for another late night of revelry. Again lots of dancing, but we got to watch this time. There were about 9 stations of drummers. This group was right in front of us. Here is one of my cousin's former students. I thought this little girl with her father and the boy doing an improve dance was so cute. Later we saw her playing pat a cake with one of her relatives and then later again, she did a dance off with another dancer.

Then, after our fully loaded weekend, we closed on our house and the real mayhem began. I don't recommend unpacking. Not so fun, except to see the kids delight when we located some of their toys and books today.

It feels like we went on a really long vacation, but when we came home, the house is all different, we don't know where everything goes or how all it fits, so it's not the relaxing "ah, we're home" feeling. However, I got the last of the big rooms mostly arranged, so all of our space is livable at present. We are still figuring out where all the stuff goes and plan on not unpacking everything since we still need to paint and redo all of the basement. Today it started to feel a little like home. Brian mowed the lawn, I have a functional kitchen and I did some laundry.

3 comments:

GMS said...

One ? some of us may have is:
Did you find the waffle iron?

Davis Family said...

Before you know it you'll be feeling comfortable and at home. Hang on, its a coming!

Ian said...

Thanks for the update.