Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some of the sounds from the Saskatoon exhibition parade

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan parades have a few different sounds than in Abilene, Texas. Stoon had more bagpipes and minority groups- first nations peoples, ukrainian, caribean, environmentalists, politicians... We had fewer marching bands and cheerleaders, but our cheerleaders were fully clothed, which is a good thing, since it was raining. I remember once in Abilene, when the kids saw the cheerleaders with their midrifts showing and Ivan yelled out "why is she buck naked?" I had to explain that "buck naked" means completely naked and that while she was not wearing much, she did have a little bit on. There were also lots of roughrider themes (the provincial football team). Our favorite part was to share it with family.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I actually worried that I might catch a cold. Luckly, that didn't happen. First parade I've got to see and it was raining. Oh well...

Ian said...

I hope that you show pictures of your new house tomorrow; but only if you can spare the time.