Monday, August 09, 2010

Our days are numbered






Looks like we are heading back to Fort Qu'Appelle again, to crash in my cousin's house again, but the promising point is that this will be our last time to head there without a house to call our own. We will of course be back to Saskatoon and actually in short order. My sister will deliver her baby most likely the 26th, so we or at least myself and the kids are hoping to come for that and then there will be a shower/reception for Andrea and Andrew the 1st weekend in Sept, that we may either come back for or just stick around for. The driving back and forth has gotten beyond old, it's achingly old, but for great reasons, we take to the road again and again.

This time we need to head back before closing to set up utilities and get homeowners insurance required for closing. We will also make a jaunt to Moose Jaw this weekend for my cousin Corey's wedding. Then our plan is to get keys, clean, paint, move appliances and start hauling our loot to our new garage and upstairs. Then start renovating the basement. Honestly, I'm not looking forward to the work involved. I'd rather snap my fingers and find everything organized and ready to live life, but I guess life can not always be tidy either. My sister is my inspiration here. It's been a tough transition, but she is enduring renovations while about to deliver a baby. I'm also thankful we didn't buy the house that I liked, that recently suffered flood damage- things could be worse!

We have had a full summer complete with camp cousins, library times, pool swimming and beach/lake time, playing on the acreage, puppet performances, lots of face paint, lots of giggles, spray park and tomorrow we are taking the kids to their first Canadian parade. Plus I've gotten to eat mom's delicious food all summer and watch my kids grow up before my very eyes. Who could ask for anything more? OK, so maybe I'll just ask that the renovations go smoothly, quickly and not too expensive? That's not too tall of a request is it?

We have a ton of stuff that has gathered at my parent's house so we are hoping to fit it all in one trip. Jenn gave us a dresser, we've also got snow tires for the van, Brian's yard tools, all our clothes, and a set of sinks- dad doesn't need them and the outreach we will be a part of in Fort Qu'Appelle does. So dad was joking that we will be packing up everything including the kitchen sink!

2 comments:

Ian said...

I'm glad that we had the room!

GMS said...

I have a resident that's been watching Mary Poppins almost every night so I have been thinking of y'all while singing the songs. Maybe you can try her tricks to get things done quicker.