Saturday, August 28, 2010

not so settled

Since Isaac's grand entry into the world we have been trying to catch up on rest in the midst of a wild nest of children (ha,ha). OK, so the brunt of them are my 3, but you add a cousin to the mix and do they ever get fired up! Thankfully auntie Andrea has come with us a couple of days to help with crowd control. Today, I took them for a short walk to mail a letter at the mailbox, then we picked beens and potatoes in grandma's garden. We also picked a bunch of green cherry tomatoes off the dead potato plants. Mom later explained they were potato plant seeds. I didn't even know they made seeds! And do you know they look just like unripe cherry tomatoes? I was wondering why there were tomato plants on top of the potatoes, but thought maybe some plants got mixed in together. Ah, well, I'm mostly a city girl, so I can't be expected to know everything! It is a bit embarrassing however when my 5 year old son knows more than I do. Brian usually does a lot of mowing when we are here on the riding lawn mower. Ivan was telling me that the grass is too long and that he would teach me how to drive the thing. He probably could too. Of course that would be interesting me trying to drive it with 4 kids on my lap. Yeah, it's not going to happen.

My mind is racing, I want so badly to go up and see my sister and her son. I did get to see Isaac that first day he was born, but didn't get to hold him. However, I can't get away while keeping all the kids and they can't go up, he's still in NICU actually, although doing really well. Plus I got some material to make curtains and want to get working on that, but again, when do I do that really? I could now, but they are napping in the room where the sewing machine is. Then I want to see the colours at our house in Fort Qu'Appelle and how that is progressing. I'm happy though that Brian is coming this way once the paint us up so that he can work at Jenn's and if I'm just patient, I will get to see her and Isaac, sew and get settled too.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Hey girl...you'll get some sleep 18 years from now, right? Who needs sleep???!! It's over rated! I love you and miss you guys so much. I pass your old street and always think of you. Give your sister and Isaac a huge blessing-hug for me. I am so glad everyone is safe.

GMS said...

I'm sure it means a great deal to your Mom & sister just to have you in the neighborhood.
Hope we can skype when you get back on your home turf.