Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Some nice, some not so nice

Ivan- " I like it that my water in the van is still cold when I come back to it"

Dominique- "I like grass with no stickers"

Angela- "I like laying in the sun and not sweating"

things we don't like- the huge ferocious mosquitoes!! They are so mean, and hurt and love me non stop. The kids aren't bit near as much as me. I think these mosquitoes are descendents of the ones from when I lived here. They were told that there is one with sweet blood to drink and now that I have returned they have reunited to take a taste!

We went to Wanuskewin with mom on Aboriginal day. It was free and they gave us hot dogs, juice and cake! We got to see a demonstration of a teepee being put up with explanations as to the symbolism of each post. It was amazing how everything they do is in worship. Then we went on a walk and met a woman who showed us several herbs and plants and told us what they help with and another lady from the reserve dad taught at ages ago who was smoking bison meet, that she shared with us. They were so super nice and it was great to hear their wisdom and bent on things. Then we walked a trail part of the way. It was so beautiful, and we all wanted to walk all day, but wisdom told mom and I that the trail had a return path and we couldn't do it carrying them all back due to their exhaustion, so we cut it short.

Tomorrow Ivan has got an appointment with the dentist who is going to do his treatment for free!! (or discounted). She's going to assess what their plan of action will be.

Tonight the kids are giddy over their first sleep over with cousin Imogen. Good times.

I know the pictures are small. Dad thinks they may upload better on his computer. I'll check it out, otherwise, I may have to wait until our computer is set up and I can figure out a way to shrink down my huge pics without having to take them through facebook. OR maybe the connection will be better in Fort Qu'Appelle than what we had in Abilene.

No comments: