Monday, June 28, 2010

Front row seats


In Saskatoon at my parent's house.





My brother succumbed to the constant barrage of "read to me, read to me". It's nice to have so many other readers readily available!



The kids and their cousin Kellen set up their chairs so that they could watch the baby robin take his first flight. While Brian ran to get the camera, it did just that. It was fun for the kids to see first the bright teal blue eggs, then the hatchlings and momma feeding them and now independence. Definitely one of my favorite things of being here is the nearness to nature.

Today we made a yellow brick road. We really did. Michael (my cousin's husband) had a pile of bricks beside his dog kennel. The path gets very muddy and he had boards on it to walk on. His eventual plan was to use the bricks for a path way or cover, so today we did it and it looks great. I'll need to take a picture of it I guess ;)

2 comments:

Olivia said...

These blogs are so much fun to read! I really feel like I can tell a difference in Dominique, she looks so grown up in these photos! They are already changing!!! I am still thinking about you guys tons and praying for things to begin smoothing out. Life is such an adventure, eh? Much love and lots of missing you too.

GMS said...

would love to see a yellow brick road in canada