Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Beach in town






Fort Qu'Appelle is located in a valley that has 4 lakes in a row, so there are several beaches. This beach has part of the trans Canada trail that borders it. I so loved walking along the path and breathing in the beauty. There is a small children's park here and beach volleyball, bathrooms, a boat dock, soft grass and beach area. Apparently this is not the popular beach because it is very rocky, so it does hurt our feet to walk on and not many people swim here, although I always see a few brave souls and kids playing in the water and for sure on the dock. I like it because we can walk to it from in town. I love to walk to where I need to go and if/when we find a house in town, we can really walk everywhere we need to be including here. How awesome to come here and get refreshed!

We do need to go to the other beaches too and see what all the hubbub with them is about. We saw one last year and it was nice, and I remember visiting another in 2004 when we first came to this area to visit my cousins on our way back to Abilene.

(I experimented with the photos here and think I was able to resize them on my mac, so that they could upload, thanks to your persistent requests for the bigger sized pictures. Hope this works!)

4 comments:

GMS said...

Great to hear your "mac" is set up & able to resize your camera pictures

Kimberley said...

I have a pair of water shoes that I wear into the lake. You can find them pretty cheap at Walmart or Superstore. They make waking into a rocky lake pretty simple.

I hope that you can find a house soon so you can get settled and enjoy your beach.

Andrea said...

Dito to Kimberley, I have a pair of water shoes as well for those rocky beaches in Croatia.

I really hope you guys get a house asap so that you can settle down and unpack. Besides, I would love to visit that lake to go swimming in the summer. (Even though Andrew is not much of an outdoor person.)

Anonymous said...

Andrew used to be a great outdoor person when he was younger,camping.swimming water skiing and canoeing,skiing,sliding in the winter even skating outdoors.He just got out of it at boarding school and university.It won't take very much to get him going again.mom